“The unfolding of your words gives light; it gives understanding to the simple.”
(Psalm 119:130 NIV)
I remember the day I began a collection of one-liners.
The first of these simple phrases popped into my brain decades ago. They are now a growing, alphabetized assortment of artful aphorisms.
Here are a few of my favorites:
- All of Him, none of me
- An easy life leads to shallow faith
- Change takes time, and time brings change
- Conscious repentance leads to unconscious holiness
- Cure worry with a secure mind
- Discern to intercede, not criticize
- Exchange the physical for the spiritual
- Failure forces finding Father
- Give God control so you won’t lose it
- God has no loose ends
- God never rubs the wrong way
- God’s delays are preparation, not inactivity
- God’s peace puts all the pieces back together
- Have a heart to hear
- He has surrounded you – you must surrender
- I have no rights, no power, no control – God has it all!
- I reflect God’s glory in the areas where He is polishing me
- Less is blessed
- Live today so others are blessed tomorrow
- Repentance is the only relief
- Slow obedience is disobedience
- Stronger through the struggles
- Thoughts bring me closer to God or drag me away
- We are an earthly expression of heaven
- We reflect what we look at – Look at Jesus!
- Your body is a telescope that brings Jesus closer to people
Each one-liner awakens a special command, a nudging, and a new purpose to my plans. They help me focus on Jesus and nestle closer to Him.
I will honor God with my one-liners and encourage others with words from His Spirit today. I hope you will, too!
Post a Comment